Coca-Cola Australia employee shares her family's secret recipe for light, fluffy scones. Easy to make, they're perfect for entertaining friends and family at afternoon tea.
- 3 Cup self-rising flour
- 1 Cup cream
- 1 Cup Sprite
- 2 Tablespoon milk
- Total Time: 30 min
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (425 degrees Fahrenheit). Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl and mix lightly to form a soft dough. Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and press the dough with your hands to a 2 centimeter thickness. Use a 6 centimeter round cutter to cut out scones. Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with milk. Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
More on Journey
- The Power of Food: Operation BBQ Relief Feeds Front-line Heroes in Times of Need
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
- Georgia High School Students Cook Up a Brighter Future with Coca-Cola Culinary Internships
- Food Courts for Foodies: Why Food Halls Are a Hit With Urban Dwellers
Combat Cooking with USO Kandahar: