"A Great Drink to Eat With!" declares this 1937 ad, featuring an autumn barbecue. We have to agree. In fact, our Food section is chock-full of features on barbecue alone, from recipes for Coke-based barbecue sauce to stories on the passionate debates over barbecuing traditions.
This 1938 painting was created by artist Haddon Sundblom. If that name sounds familiar to you, you're probably well-versed in your Coke lore: Sundblom is perhaps most famous as the creator of the
This 1951 ad depicts a couple enjoying an outdoor picnic. We believe in simple moments of happiness like this - so much so that we recently transformed a drab city square in Lithuania into a pop-up park full of picnic baskets, kites, frisbees and music.
More on Journey
- Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Makes First-Ever Stop on the Arctic Circle to Meet Santa and His Reindeer
- Sundblom’s ‘Coca-Cola Santa’ Gets Its Own Commemorative Stamp
- Coca-Cola Tips Cap to Boston Red Sox World Series Win With Commemorative Can
- Coca-Cola Shows Why the Holidays Are a Time to Give and Give Back
- The Power of Food: Operation BBQ Relief Feeds Front-line Heroes in Times of Need