For this Throwback Thursday (#TBT), we're taking a look back at Coke's journeys out of this world.
This spaced-out ad from 1988 features all the varieties of Coke available at the time. Sure, it's an impressive variety - but today, our
This was the dispenser used on board the Space Shuttle Discovery in 1995. Offering both Coke and Diet Coke, it allowed the drinks to be chilled, and was the first use of soda fountain equipment in space.
The success of 1995's fountain experiment led to this advertisement that same year. We're still continuing to expand our reach today: just this year we began delivering to Myanmar for the first time in over 60 years.
Coke would create another dispenser for the Endeavour in 1996, featuring the addition of Powerade. Want to read more about the latest vending machine tech? Try our articles on the Japanese "impossible" vending machine, machines that let you pay with your phone, and even a machine helping to save endangered birds.
More on Journey
- smartwater smartbeats Launches at SXSW With Toro y Moi
- Introducing smartwater sparkling blood orange, fuji apple pear and raspberry rose
- Opinion: Let’s Make Atlanta First U.S. City Without Packaging Waste
- Sprite Launches Fan-Generated Spotify Playlist and Podcast Highlighting Unsigned Artists
- Coca-Cola Energy to Launch in 2019, Starting in Europe