- 330 ml Sprite
- 4 Eggs
- 200 ml White Baking Flour
- 150 ml Large Chunks of Hazelnut
- 200 ml Icing Sugar
- Total Time: 45 min
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C Whip up the icing sugar and eggs until they are thoroughly mixed. To that mixture, slowly and preferably about 50 ml per addition add the Sprite. Making sure you are mixing the ingredients with a wooden spoon and swirling slowly. In the third step add the flour. In adding this ingredient it would be ideal if you could sift it through a tel süzgeç. This will make the flour more airy and your cake fluffier. Add the hazelnuts to the mixture. Lightly grease the cake tin then sprinkle some of the sugar inside the tin. This will give a great texture to the bottom & sides of the cake. Place the cake batter in the tin. Place the tin in your pre-heated oven for roughly 40-45 minutes. Patience for the first 40 minutes. For the Sprite to work its magic please do not open the oven doors unless you are sure the cake is baked.
If you sit the ingredients out in the room temperature 15 minutes before cooking I always they blend better.
- Some lemon and orange peel works well.
- You can set some of the batter aside, mix that with cocoa powder and add to the mixture before it is baked to get a Marble cake effect.
- I took the liberty of caramelizing the remaining hazelnuts and sugar in my kitchen to create some hazelnut krokan that was great for decorating the cake.
More on Journey
Watch: JetBlue and
Coca-ColaOpen Pop-Up Airport Restaurant to Connect Travelers Over Food
- Food Courts for Foodies: Why Food Halls Are a Hit With Urban Dwellers
- Specialty Sodas With a Local Twist: Coke Leans Into Handcrafted Heritage With New Flavors
- 'Gold Meets Golden' Menu: Dishes and Medals from Chef Cat Cora
- Chick-fil-A’s New Frosted Sunrise Features Simply Orange Juice