Several years ago I was able to record an interview with Bill Backer. Backer served in a variety of roles with McCann Erickson, our longtime advertising agency. He began in the mail-room but eventually graduated to songwriter, copy editor, and eventually Creative Director for the
Today I want to share excerpts from the video I recorded with Bill. He played the jingle alone on the piano at the conclusion of the interview. I really enjoyed the day I was privileged to spend with this advertising genius.
More on Journey
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- Sprite Empowers Young Voices With ‘Get Vocal’ Platform
- Stranger Things Have Happened: Inside New Coke’s Limited-Edition Comeback
- Coca-Cola Tips Cap to Boston Red Sox World Series Win With Commemorative Can
- Coca-Cola Christmas Truck Makes First-Ever Stop on the Arctic Circle to Meet Santa and His Reindeer