Brighten up your table with this colorful salad from The Mercantile in Atlanta, Ga. Pick these fresh ingredients from your local market, chop, mix and devour. The Mercantile chef, Samathna Enzmann recommends pairing the dish with a cold Mexican Coke to really kick the flavors up a notch.
For more information about The Mercantile and their fresh dishes click here
- 1 Pound lima beans
- 1 Cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper- cored, seeded and diced
- 1 poblano pepper- cored, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion- diced
- 1 jalapeno- seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, cored and diced
- 0.25 Cup pomace oil
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon fresh oregano
- 0.5 Tablespoon fresh basil, chiffonade
- salt and pepper
- Total Time: 10 min
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: N/A
- In a large bowl toss together the lima beans, corn, red bell pepper, pablano pepper, jalapeno, red onion and tomato. Season to taste with salt and pepper In a smaller bowl whisk to combine the red wine vinegar, pomace oil and salt and pepper Dress the vegetable with the vinegar and toss in fresh herbs. Season to taste.
More on Journey
- Together, We Can Change Our Future: How Companies are Working Together to Create a World Without Waste
- What If Plastic Never Became Waste?
- A Refreshing Reward: The Story Behind This History-making 1943 Photo Featuring Tuskegee Airman Charles B. Hall
- Coca-Cola CEO at Davos: Collection and Recycling Key to Driving Circular Plastics Economy
- Dear Future Community: Meet the Challenge Changemakers