Earlier this year,
An agora is basically a marketplace that, historically, served as a center for society. Robb, co-CEO of Whole Foods, loved the idea of a place of business playing such a key role in a community.
“Our job as retailers is to try to create an experience that people want to come to,” Robb said.
Kent and Robb have been friends for years, dating back to a sales call Kent made to Whole Foods headquarters in Austin, Texas. Today, Whole Foods is an important venue for many beverages in
Robb, who visited
“These worlds are going to fuse in a way that’s going to be incredible for the customer,” Robb said.
Business plays an essential role in society, not just in providing jobs but in being part of communities. For Whole Foods, that mission centers around providing quality, healthy food.
Too often, Robb said, the idea of being in business – especially big business – is seen as negative.
“The opportunity for business to change that narrative is through actions,” he said. Helping people flourish, he said, “should be a goal for all our businesses.”
More on Journey
- Global Women’s Leadership Council Chair Focused on Driving Impact and Awareness of Coca-Cola Women’s Empowerment Work
- Trash to Treasure: How Coke Scholar Samuel Alemayehu is Revolutionizing his Hometown with Africa’s First Waste-to-Energy Facility
- Gold Peak® Real Brewed Tea Launches Summer Campaign to Bring Fans Even Closer to Home
- POWERADE Levels the Playing Field for Female Athletes in Partnership with U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Beyond the Mic: Sprite Spotlights Tomorrow’s Hip-Hop Tastemakers With ‘Thirst for Yours’ Campaign