Earlier this year,
An agora is basically a marketplace that, historically, served as a center for society. Robb, co-CEO of Whole Foods, loved the idea of a place of business playing such a key role in a community.
“Our job as retailers is to try to create an experience that people want to come to,” Robb said.
Kent and Robb have been friends for years, dating back to a sales call Kent made to Whole Foods headquarters in Austin, Texas. Today, Whole Foods is an important venue for many beverages in
Robb, who visited
“These worlds are going to fuse in a way that’s going to be incredible for the customer,” Robb said.
Business plays an essential role in society, not just in providing jobs but in being part of communities. For Whole Foods, that mission centers around providing quality, healthy food.
Too often, Robb said, the idea of being in business – especially big business – is seen as negative.
“The opportunity for business to change that narrative is through actions,” he said. Helping people flourish, he said, “should be a goal for all our businesses.”
More on Journey
- Global Women’s Leadership Council Chair Focused on Driving Impact and Awareness of Coca-Cola Women’s Empowerment Work
- DASANI Boosts Sustainability Credentials With Launch of Recyclable, Reusable and Package-less Innovations
- Coke Invites Fans Into the Tiny Worlds of 14 Brands Through Mobile Content Platform
- Diet Coke Takes on Complex Topic of Labels By Taking Off its Own
- Wellbeing, Amplified: smartbeats by smartwater Explores the Science of Sound