We recently acquired a sample coupon that would have been used at the 1933 Centruy of Progress Exhibition in Chicago, Illinois. The fair celebrated the hundredth anniversary of the founding of Chicago. The Expo, whose slogan was "Science Finds, Industry Applies, Man Adapts," featured numerous exhibits envisioning the future. Some of the most popular exhibits were the "Homes of the Tomorrow," and one focusing on dream cars. The innaugural Major Leage All-Star game was held at Comiskey Park in conjunction with the fair. Over 40 million people attended during the two years the Exposition was operating.
The Century of Progress was very important in
More on Journey
- Stranger Things Have Happened: Inside New Coke’s Limited-Edition Comeback
- Coca-Cola Tips Cap to Boston Red Sox World Series Win With Commemorative Can
- Coke Bottles to Sport College and Pro Football Logos This Fall
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- Coca-Cola Toasts 60 Years of Dreamland Bar-B-Que