One of the most interesting parts of pop culture is the existence of urban legends. I love them, and certainly can be found watching the TV shows that “bust” the myths we've all heard. Since Coke is a part of pop culture, it's certainly the subject of many legends.
There's one traveling around the Internet about
Now I've just learned of a really fantastic myth: "Coca-Cola was the favored drink of Pharaoh Ramses. An inscription found in his tomb, when translated, was found to be almost identical to the recipe used today."
I love this one because it is so ridiculous. The best proof point – of many – is that
One myth that is at least kind of based in reality is that
So many myths and rumors exist about
More on Journey
- Born in New Orleans, Bred in Biloxi: Barq’s Celebrates 120th Anniversary
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- Coca-Cola Toasts 60 Years of Dreamland Bar-B-Que
- Odwalla Celebrates Heritage with ‘Road to Our Roots’ VW Van Tour