Venturing an opinion about the United States can be tricky under the best of circumstances, given that almost everyone has an opinion on the country and its future. Expressing an optimistic view of America is still more challenging—particularly on the cusp of a presidential election year, when the public rhetoric is sure to skew heavily toward what’s struggling and in need of fixing.
My belief in America, however, is both real and pragmatic. As a business leader, I am the ultimate caretaker of our shareholders’ confidence in
In the United States, I see a market of vast and growing potential. While I am an optimist by nature, I am a realist by experience. Even when accounting for a significant slate of current and future challenges, I believe America’s best days are ahead.
Click here to read the full op-ed in Horizons magazine, a publication from the Center for International Relations and Sustainable Development (CIRSD).
More on Journey
- View our 2016 Sustainability Report
- Download our 2016 Sustainability Report (PDF)
- Subscribe to The Circular sustainability newsletter
- Video: 2016 Sustainability Highlights
- Wheels of Happiness: Coke’s Enzo Piscopo Creates Foundation to Help People With Mobility Disabilities in the Underdeveloped World