Global music artist and producer will.i.am and The
The goal of the collaboration is to educate consumers about recycling choices, including repurposed items — like plastic
A Plea for Recycling
Will.i.am was inspired to create the brand when he spotted the piles of trash that were left behind after each Black Eyed Peas concert.
“I saw how I contributed to waste via my passion, and decided to turn the wrong into a right,” says will.i.am, who wore Levi’s® 501® Waste<Less™ jeans.
“It’s a bold, inspiring vision to have a world with zero waste, where trash is turned into something cool,” says Bea Perez, chief sustainability officer for
Dancing and Discussing the Environment
Supporting the launch, Don’t Trust the B---- in Apt 23 actress Krysten Ritter checked out the new products along with VH1’s Big Morning Buzz host Carrie Keagan, who talked about will.i.am's new initiative and the importance of recycling.
“It’s important for everyone to start recycling. Everybody has to do it, and it’s amazing that will.i.am and
As the crowd dined on hors d'oeuvres and danced next to the DJ booth, will.i.am grabbed the mic to talk further about his collaboration with
“EKOCYCLE allows companies to hop on board, so they can execute their sustainability efforts,” says will.i.am, adding that his vision is to have even more designers create “cool, fresh and fly” items for the line that are “built from recycled materials from day one.”
Products in the Collection
In addition to the limited-edition Levi’s® 501® Waste<Less™ jeans, c
“Things don’t have to end. They can begin again,” believes will.i.am.
More on Journey
- Small Decision, Big Impact: Creative Campaign Highlights all the Good That Comes From Drinking Honest Beverages
- DASANI Boosts Sustainability Credentials With Launch of Recyclable, Reusable and Package-less Innovations
- Sprite Launches Fan-Generated Spotify Playlist and Podcast Highlighting Unsigned Artists
- Opinion: Let’s Make Atlanta First U.S. City Without Packaging Waste
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership