Today marked the close of inaugural Youth Olympic Games which were held in Singapore. The Youth Olympic Games are part of the International Olympic Committee efforts to inspire young people to participate in sports and adopt the Olympic values. It not only focuses on sports, but also education and culture. Over 3,600 athletes between the ages of 14 and 18 took part in the Games. Our team in Singapore has been working overtime the last few weeks with activations during the Olympic Torch Relay and at schools around Singapore.
I shipped some historical material to Singapore a few month ago and the team used them as part of a portable exhibit that has been displayed at over 16 schools and several Olympic Torch Run Celebration Sites. I love the idea in the photograph where the kids get to pretend they are running with the torch. We considered that concept when we were working on the World of
The photos below show the activations team setting up for the Games and then a few of the traveling exhibit.
More on Journey
- New Coke and Netflix Take Viewers Back to 1985 for Stranger Things Season 3 in First-of-its-Kind Partnership
- The Varsity at 90: Coke’s North Avenue Neighbor Marks a Milestone
- Sprite Empowers Young Voices With ‘Get Vocal’ Platform
- Coca-Cola and Disney Designed These Galactic Bottles for Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Born in New Orleans, Bred in Biloxi: Barq’s Celebrates 120th Anniversary