A bolder and fruitier-tasting Fanta Orange hits shelves in the United States and Canada this month, bringing a splash of playfulness and fun to new and existing fans alike.
“It’s still the Fanta Orange you know and love, but now even more irresistibly delicious,” said Chris Hunsaker, Senior Brand Manager, Sparkling Flavors, Coca‑Cola North America. “We’re always listening to our consumers to understand their evolving tastes to deliver the best-tasting products and most delightful experiences possible. Fans are craving more of what they love about Fanta Orange, so we’ve enhanced the recipe by amplifying its bold, fruity attributes.”
Consumer taste tests informed the flavor, which will roll out in additional countries throughout 2023. Fanta Orange also is sporting a refreshed look—including a new logo and on-label messaging showcasing the new-and-improved taste—and is now offered in even more packaging options, including 10 packs of 10-oz. mini cans. Additionally, Fanta Orange Zero Sugar is now available more broadly across the United States in 20-oz bottles and 12 packs of 12-oz. cans.
Fanta’s biggest marketing campaign in more than a decade will engage North American consumers through a range of multi-sensorial activations delivering moments of everyday indulgence to playful-at-heart fans curiously seeking more adventure and fun:
- The Fanta® Digital Ride n Sip interactive mobile game rewards players with digital coupons.
- Scented murals will tantalize passers-by in Los Angeles, Atlanta and Toronto with a bold, bright Fanta® orange scent.
- Immersive cinema creative will engulf moviegoers with a bold, big-screen sip experience.
- Grassroots sampling events will bring the new Fanta Orange to college campuses.
- The Fanta® Experience in Los Angeles (April 13-15) will immerse fans in the sights, sounds, smells and taste of the new Fanta® Orange. Guests can experience sound and visual effects that emulate diving into a bottle of Fanta Orange, and other social-first experiences and content.
- A limited-edition fragrance mist, Scent of Fanta, draws inspiration from the bold, new taste of Fanta Orange. It will be available online starting April 13, while supplies last.
Multicultural Gen Z content creators with credibility in music and gaming will help spread the word about the product and campaign—which also will feature Fanta Orange Zero Sugar—on social media.
“This is the year of Fanta Orange, where fans can expect the unexpected,” said A.P. Chaney, Director of Creative Strategy, Fanta North America. “We’re bringing to life the fact that Fanta Orange is the tangiest of the tangy, fizziest of the fizzy, boldest of the bold, and tastiest of the tasty—in fun, fresh new ways that enliven the senses and awaken taste buds IRL (in real life).”